Sunday, February 21, 2010

Grateful

Wow what a Sunday! Right after I woke up I was thrilled with good news about my dear friend's birth of a beautiful baby girl. I went to a new-to-me Episcopal church in Brooklyn Heights then met a friend for brunch in the city. We wandered around a bit and then I headed uptown to the MoMA to meet a friend of a friend to watch a series of documentaries about Eastern Kentucky & the Appalachian culture.  


At the end of the night, I had dinner alone at an old favorite - Grey Dog Cafe, and enjoyed the quiet time to myself to reflect.I just finished reading the Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver and a large theme of the book is the injustice & poverty in the Congo and various parts of Africa.  I gave up bread & sweets for Lent, and also am aiming for a diet rich in vegetables and it occurred to me, wow - how lucky that I even have a choice to do this. I am so blessed! 


Now for some pretty photos, these pink roses somehow are refusing to wilt away & die. They have dried quite nicely - probably because they are right by radiator. I found this stick with a little nut hanging from it on the street & I quite like it. What do you think?







No comments:

Post a Comment