Thursday, January 17, 2013

Hello again..

Hello to my readers - friends & strangers, and sort of to myself as well. I've neglected this blog project for far too long. As a young assistant & junior designer living NYC, this blog served as a dream catcher - a place to store my inspirations and aspirations, and I attended to it diligiently.  Life carries on, and I have been on many great adventures and followed many dreams since then. As I have a tendency to do, I got caught up in the flurry of life, and kept thinking that I would write a post when I could take the time to do it with intention. My life is still an ongoing flurry, but I've realized I'm happiest that way - many projects and plans brewing at once. I'm taking the blog down a notch from the ideal version in my head, or perhaps taking it back to how it was when I began - simply a catch-all for anything and everything I found interesting, without too much thought over themes and consistency, or great writing/photography for that matter. I can't wait to begin sharing again, regularly, about my travels to the south of France & Peru, my six month trek along the Appalachian Trail, letterpress endeavors, new wedding invitations, and the joys of being domestic in a Southern home. 

In somewhat recent news, I got an iPhone this summer (after dropping my previous phone in a waterfall..) and have been delightfully swept up in the Instagram wave. Feel free to follow along there, as I post much more frequently: http://instagram.com/maconyork. 


Here are some favorites from the past month: 

Fresh squeezed orange-mango juice & a new clutch at a market in Cusco, Peru
Hiking the Inca Trail to Machu Pichu
Aguas Calientes (Hot Springs) after hiking the Inca Trail
Plaza de Armas in Cusco
Atlantic Ocean in Ponte Vedra, FL 
Old school country band at a honky tonk in Nashville, TN
Quiet morning at home, drinking tea & watching grey morning light
New Year's Eve with best friends & flowers in our hair

No comments:

Post a Comment