Sunday, January 9, 2011

Stationery Update

Oh hello - some of you may know I've been working on a line of letterpress stationery since last fall. I had a great success with my holiday cards at the Martha Stewart Craft fair back in early December. A good friend requested some New Year's cards - I designed two options, and I also just made some Valentine's Day cards on Saturday. Hopefully more Valentine's cards to come this weekend or next!


Setting type at the letterpress is still a new & time-consuming process for me, but there is something so refreshing by placing each letter by hand. I work as a designer/art director so a huge portion of my week is spent at a keyboard with a mouse in hand, trying a billion designs and clicking "command z" every 2 seconds. With hand-set type, you have to be very intentional & deliberate with your type decisions. Its a good balance for me to go back and forth between the two styles of working. 


Also of note, I've created a Facebook fan page should you wish to "like" me there. 


Some recent work:











No comments:

Post a Comment